Otway Forum Report
10th October 2018
OTWAY FORUM MEETING No. 317 - October 12 2018
Cr. Stephen Hart and Cr. Chris Potter in attendance.
- Panel hearings for 275 Barham River Road mega resort finished this week.
- Final report from the panel not expected till the new year.
- Then whoever is the state Planning Minister may take further time to make a final decision.
- Many excellent submissions opposing the proposal, from the real expert witnesses – the local residents.
- COS opposes the proposal and this process has cost us the ratepayers $180,000.
- What a waste of time and money for something that should not have got past the very first meeting with the planning officers.
- Great Ocean Road Task Force has released its action plan with over 30 recommendations.
- There will become a single management Authority that will act as a referral authority to direct planning to ensure that development is appropriate.
- The chairman’s report suggested that the impact of tourism is already at tipping point in terms of reputational damage.
- And we should be heading more towards quality of experience and increasing spend rather than quantity of tourism.
- For further information go to planning.vic.gov.au GOR taskforce
- Also an information session at the Golf Club 23rd Oct. 6-7pm.
- For further information and to make comment on the erosion /sea level rise issues at Apollo Bay go to engage.vic.gov.au Erosion Apollo Bay.
- Open for comment until Oct. 21st.
- Final report with options and recommendations before the end of this year?
- Apollo Bay harbour redevelopment process now to proceed to a Community Infrastructure Plan (CIP).
- This will involve a consultancy to come up with an overarching plan for public infrastructure, a draft Development Plan within the harbour precinct, traffic and parking issues, central foreshore plan, drainage, trails etc.
- This plan will involve community consultation and may take 6 months to complete.
- This can then lead into an Expression Of Interest process for private investment within the precinct.
- $14m now required to bring the harbour back to full working order.
- Thanks to COS for some improvements in Ramsden Ave. parking for clinic patients. Kerb and channelling next?
- New COS Mayor in November?
- COS regular council meeting in Apollo Bay 24th Oct Sen. Cits 4pm. Get your questions ready now.
- Is there $500,000 savings in the budget and where will they be spent?
- Meet Richard Riordan MP at the bakery this Thursday to discuss any local issues of concern.
- Discuss a new roundabout and moving the war memorial with vic roads at the Golf Club 23rd Oct. 4-7pm
- This could lead to a new and better amphitheatre at the current site on the foreshore. Have your say!
- Waste forum at the Casino room Apollo Bay Hotel 24th Oct. 7pm.
- Well done to all who organised and voted for the 3 community projects to be funded by the state government.
- Beware of slippery white lines, when wet, on GOR near the Rec. reserve.
- AGM OTWAY FORUM SUNDAY NOV.11TH 3PM
- $5 MEMBERSHIP – GET INVOLVED AND INFORMED!
Otway Forum meets 2nd Sunday of every month at 3pm at Marrar Woorn or find us at www.forum.apollobay.org.au.
Find out what’s really going on!
0428 091 694