OTWAY FORUM MEETING No. 323 - May 19, 2019
Cr. Stephen Hart in attendance.
- Election results from Apollo Bay booth - Rise Up Australia 2, Labor 245, Greens 135, Animal Justice 10, Ind. Cole 34, Liberal 264, United Aust. 9, Hinch 14,
- Two party preferred Labor 410, Liberal 303.
- 5.3% swing to Labor since 2016. (pork not so popular?)
- Senate Labor 194, Liberal 199, Greens 135.
- New NBN tower at the top of Tuxion Road, but wind turbines still not allowed.
- COS voted on new roundabout at this Wednesdays ordinary meeting.
- Will a roundabout create grid lock in the main street during busy periods with Nelson St. to have right of way?
- Roundabouts on the GOR in Lorne and Anglesea cause massive back up of traffic during busy periods.
- There is a proposal for COS to borrow more money – up to $12m.
- Currently there must be a strong business case considering social, environmental and economics before this can occur.
- But this could be rescinded?
- Contact your councillors if you are concerned!!
- COS budget out for comment.
- One proposal is to cut wages and services by $450,000?
- What’s the long term plan for the Nelson St. community services office, now that staff are being moved to the info centre?
- Could it be used by the newly proposed Great Ocean Road Authority?
- Or will it be just sold off?
- Please attend the Golf Club on 18th June 6-8pm for an update on the proposed new GOR Authority.
- The results from the review of local council wards to be released on May 22.
- First meeting of harbour Project Control Group with TRACT consultants on the Community Infrastructure Plan on June 24th.
- Hopefully the CIP will be open for public comment by the end of the year.
- More sand renourishment at front and back beaches commencing this week.
- More reports from DEWLP on long term erosion solutions due in the next few months.
- How about some recommendations, some commitments and dollars??
- Another large storm predicted for next Sunday/Monday.
- Go to engagevic.gov.au Erosion Apollo Bay. What we heard March 2019. for summary of feedback from last DEWLP information days in March.
- More rock revetment walls currently being built between Apollo Bay and Lorne as sea level rise continues to accelerate.
- 20 new walls in total and more work required at Mt. Defiance.
Otway Forum meets 2nd Sunday of every month at 3pm at Marrar Woorn or find us at www.forum.apollobay.org.au.
Find out what’s really going on!
0428 091 694