OTWAY FORUM MEETING No. 330 - Dec 9, 2019
Cr. Stephen Hart in attendance
- Dredging of the AB harbour to begin after next Easter.
- Dredging will be concentrated on the central area rather than the new eastern beach next to the big wall.
- Online survey on the issues raised by the Community Infrastructure Plan open until 20th December.
- Or contact COS for a hard copy of the survey and then return it to COS.
- This is your chance to have a say in the future development of AB.
- A draft of the final plan will be available for further comment in the new year before the final plan goes to council mid next year.
- Monash University students displayed their excellent projects on future ideas for Apollo bay at the information day, but unfortunately they are not part of the CIP.
Great Ocean Road / Costal Erosion
- The proposed new GOR Authority is also looking for feedback until 15th Dec. Go to engage.vic.gov.au/great-ocean-road.
- Leases for Kennett River and Skenes Creek camp grounds also being reviewed as they expire next year.
- Will the shop at Skenes remain if DELWP change the current leasing arrangement?
- New erosion report just released. It can be found at engage.vic.gov.au/apollo-bay-and-marengo-community-consultation. Then look under document library>see more.
- This report can also be found on the Otway Forum website.
- It’s a very detailed 100 page report that’s easy to read but it only has a very brief mention on climate change/sea level/storm surge implications!!!!
- The report draws obvious conclusions and recommends further studies that will need further funding applications!!
- This is the 13th report? on erosion issues produced in the last 25 years?
- But very few long term solutions have been put in place. Only emergency revetment walls and sand carting.
- So far $400,000 has been spent over the last 5 years on sand renourishment?
- Victorian Marine Coastal Council to release its 5 yearly policy/strategy report soon.
- This will become the guiding state government document on coastal development and other issues.
Colac Otway Shire
- New waste collection contract for COS next year.
- Only 3 bins for each household but perhaps further sorting could be done at the transfer station by concerned residents?
- Green waste goes to a composting business in Camperdown.
- Bins should be returned to the walking track to Wild Dog.
- Binns Road from Beech Forest to the redwoods to be sealed.
- Recordings of council meetings can be accessed on the COS website. Please tune in to hear local government in action! Go to colacotway.vic.gov.au/Council-the-shire/Council-meetings/Audio-Recordings-of-Council-Meetings.
- A new local government bill to go to state parliament in Feb. This may affect how many councillor’s will represent each ward in COS.
- Blue Water sporting facility litigation finally settled at a cost of $.5m?
- Fire restrictions now in force
- Very long grass along roadsides through out COS.
Otway Forum meets 2nd Sunday of every month at 3pm at Marrar Woorn or find us at www.forum.apollobay.org.au.
Get involved and find out what’s really going on!
0428 091 694