OTWAY FORUM MEETING No. 328 - Oct 13, 2019
Apologies Crs. Hart and Potter.
- Climate Emergency Declaration petition to COS circulating around town.
- Will COS join the 50 other local councils in the CACE movement to get the federal and state governments to act urgently on the climate emergency?
- See caceonline.org for more information.
- RACVs Royal Auto magazine has a feature article and editorial calling for swift action to address GOR safety issues.
- IPCC now forecasting an accelerating sea level rise of 110cm by 2100
- 5 years ago the prediction was 80cm.
- This newly predicted sea level rise will inform the next state government Victorian Coastal Strategy to be released by the end of this year.
- Still waiting on the latest coastal erosion report on options for front and back beaches.
- Estimated costs for groynes and walls is now $40m.
- Report due by the end of this year.
- This is the most important infrastructure needed in AB!!
- Another workshop on the Community Infrastructure Plan soon.
- Find the summary of feedback from the last information day on the Otway Forum website.
- Planning for a possible rerouting of the GOR is NOT on the agenda for the CIP.
- Who will pay for all these CIP improvements?
- Or is it just another episode of the ABCs Utopia programme?
- Well done to Jon Faine on helping our community on GOR and AB issues.
- Further consultation in AB on the new GOR Authority in November.
- Three? years since the announcement and we are still waiting on the Skenes to Colac road improvements to be started.
- Well done to COS on completing the new boat ramp car park.
- Bev McArthur MP is the wife of ex MP Stuart McArthur !!
- This western district political dynasty continues !!
- Very disappointing, but not surprising remarks on the climate emergency by our state upper house representative Bev.
- Temporary? toilets in Pascoe street car park.
- AB Show not on next year? Go to the Colac show instead Nov.1,2,3.
- Still waiting on VEC local council representation decision by the relevant minister.
- Vote on the next COS mayor at next council meeting.
- Roundabout decision by Vic Roads on hold subject to CIP.
- Otway Forum AGM at Nov. 10th meeting. $5 membership.
Otway Forum meets 2nd Sunday of every month at 3pm at Marrar Woorn or find us at www.forum.apollobay.org.au.
Get involved and find out what’s really going on!
0428 091 694