Otway Forum Report
17th December 2017
OTWAY FORUM MEETING No. 308 - Dec. 10th
Cr. Potter and Cr. Hart in attendance.
- The Apollo Bay harbour redevelopment process continues, with councillors approving an Expression Of Interest process and approx. time line, at the Dec. COS council meeting.
- A Business Plan will then have to be developed and lodged with relevant ministers.
- If the numbers stack up a formal EOI will take place mid next year.
- If there is interest from developers a Development Plan for the precinct will be drafted by late 2019.
- Then there will be a period of public consultation in early 2020.
- Planning permits could be issued for a development by late 2020.
- Work could possibly begin in 2021.
- Council will continue to advocate for state government funds for public infrastructure.
- More information on the process can be found on the COS website>About Council>minutes and agendas>Dec. Ordinary Meeting Agenda
- A report on the renewal of the AB Harbour Management Agreement is also in the same agenda.
- Is it time for COS to hand back the management of the harbour to the state government?
- Are the problems with the control of the Undaria seaweed and dredging issues more than our small shire can handle?
- Who’s going to be liable if a private boat is damaged by the sand clogging the harbour and entrance?
- The walkways to the floating marinas are now being damaged on extreme low tides?
- A lot more funding and research and ACTION is needed immediately before a serious accident occurs.
- If the current situation continues we soon won’t have a usable harbour that any developer will be interested investing in!!
- Council delayed the vote to sign the agreement to gather further information.
- The new beach inside the harbour is attracting swimmers and increasing the chances of an accident occurring, so more signage is needed.
- The Objectors group for the Barham Valley resort now has over 700 members.
- Council voted to send the proposal direct to the Minister of Planning at their Nov. meeting
- Councillors may have to indicate their position for or against the proposal at the Jan. council meeting.
- So start lobbying them now!!
- There will be another public meeting on Jan. 12th or 13th, at the youth club, to discuss the proposal.
- Councillors, staff and the developer will be invited.
- The cost of opposing the proposal with expert witnesses and reports, at a planning panel, could cost at least $50,000.
- Why should our community have to put up with this imposition when very few people support the proposal??
- Let’s hope our councillors are on our side!!
- A fundraising concert is also scheduled for Sat. Jan. 27th at the youth club.
- Show your support and drop in at the Objectors office in Moore St. for all the latest news.
Otway Forum meets 2nd Sunday of every month at 3pm at Marrar Woorn or find us at www.forum.apollobay.org.au.
Find out what’s really going on!
0428 091 694