Otway Forum Report
11th March 2018
OTWAY FORUM MEETING No. 310 - Mar. 11 2018
Apology Cr. Stephen Hart.
- Directions hearing for Planning Ministers panel hearings on the Barham mega resort this week.
- Will the panel call for more information as COS has?
- Will the developer provide the information required before this month’s council meeting in Apollo Bay?
- Will there be public submissions on any new information provided by the developer before any panel hearings?
- Council meeting on Wed. March 28th Apollo Bay Community Centre, 4pm
- Other items possibly on the agenda could be harbour management agreement and dredging issues and reopening Mariners Falls walk.
- Large sand drifts across GOR at the back beach last month with strong dry easterly winds.
- Pt Lonsdale is moving forward with plans for groynes to widen and heighten their front beach to combat increasing storm surges and rising sea levels.
- We need this long term planning and commitment now or we will be last in the queue!!
- Harbour Project Control Group to meet on the 26th to look at the Business Case for a redevelopment?
- If this stacks up and is approved by the Minister, a formal Expression of Interest process is the next stage.
- Councillors have decided not to support the current Development Plan for 6280 and 6230 GOR.
- VCAT to have a compulsory conference with the developer and council this week.
- Councillors have approved expenditure of $100,000 for new public rubbish bins in the township and harbour areas.
- Perhaps the parking officer can monitor these new bins?
- The search for a new CEO has begun again!
- Blackberries along roadsides have been sprayed recently but signage is insufficient.
- Blackberries should be sprayed in spring time for better results and before fruit is set.
Otway Forum meets 2nd Sunday of every month at 3pm at Marrar Woorn or find us at www.forum.apollobay.org.au.
Find out what’s really going on!
0428 091 694